Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Goodbye Corey Haim

Yes, it looks as if the rather rapid trend of celebrity deaths is inevitably going to spill over into this new decade of ours. One of the first victims worthy of note is actor Corey Haim, who died this morning of what was most likely an accidental drug overdose. Now I am familiar with Haim mostly because I am a huge fan of the 80s vampire classic The Lost Boys, which also featured the second Corey: Feldman. Haim's fame did indeed blossom with the frequent collaborations with fellow young actor Corey Feldman. They collaborated so much that people even just called them The Two Coreys. While Haim never left as much of an impact on me as Feldman in terms of acting (Feldman at least could act), it is still sad that he died. Even worse is I just saw Haim in a cameo role in Crank 2: High Voltage. It was a shame he never broke away from being casted as weak and whiney douchebags, but hey he was there and I laughed. It's sad seeing any person go, but now we've also lost a little piece of pop culture. In all honesty, I thought Feldman would die first and a lot sooner. But alas there is only one Corey now. The world keeps on spinning however. Perhaps I will mourn Corey Haim by watching The Lost Boys when he was in his acting prime. I will wait patiently to see who The Reaper claims next.

This has been the first long goodbye of 2010 from Your Modest Guru. Thanks for reading.

No comments: