Tuesday, September 28, 2010

Guess who's back

"You know, sometimes you just gotta say "what the fuck?" - Joel from Risky Business

No, Your Modest Guru did not suffer that nervous breakdown you expected to follow my last post. Actually I just needed time to recuperate, because, honestly, I was just being bombarded with news of just horrible events in the world. I didn't even talk about a lot of the bad stuff, just a few things. Even so, it made me miserable hearing about it all and even more miserable getting my thoughts out in the open. Anyone who reads my blog knows that I have good days where I'm an utterly cheery, clever, and charming bastard, and bad days where I am a depressed, downtrodden, and pessimistic sonofabitch. Also, I thought about taking a break from the blog anyway and it worked out for the better. I wrote a neat little short story and lifted my spirits. I will accept the fact that the really miserable subjects will not go away and I will have to make mention of them if I am to do this job. I will try to do it professionally and as an adult, and not let my personal feelings hamper my work. Emphasis on the word "try."

I held off coming back until my birthday, when I knew my outlook would be a little sunnier. So in celebration of seventeen years of life, I am back and ready for action. I have a whole bunch of little stories lined up to talk about and am staying away from the depressing shit...for now of course. So for those few people who actually know what this is, keep reading and thank you for sticking around.

This is the return of Your Modest Guru. Let's keep reading, shall we?

No comments: