Monday, September 14, 2009

Starring Kanye West in "Prick!"

"I still think I am a gayfish." - Kanye West

And I do too. I like rap. I don't love rap. Some people can just find the right tune, the right noise and it's legit and really miraculous music to me. Kanye West is one of those people. He is creative, intelligent. He's also kind of an asshole. I mean sure, he got many respect points after a ballsy post-Hurricane Katrina line: "George Bush doesn't care about black people." When Kanye West can outfunny Mike Myers with one line, I can't help but like him. Still he does come off as a really pretentious person. We can all be pretentious but still.

Then he does something stupid like what he did at an award ceremony in which Taylor Swift won an award for, I believe, Best Music Video. An obviously happy Swift began her acceptance speech, which was then interrupted when West jumped on stage, took the microphone out of her hands and said that fellow nominee Beyonce Knowles had "one of the best videos of all time". In a nutshell, he was saying Beyonce should have won the award instead of Taylor Swift. Swift was upset after this and could not finish her speech.

Kanye what in the hell makes you think that you're opinion is stronger than everyone else's? I know you're some kind of songwriting genius but that is no excuse. Imagine if people like Kanye West showed up at other award ceremonies.

2008 ACADEMY AWARDS:

The Ledger family takes to the stage to accept the Best Supporting Actor Award for their recently deceased kin Heath. Kanye West appears and pushes them out of the way.

Kanye: "Hey yo, look I loved your boy Heath in this movie and I'm sorry for your loss. but I just wanted to say Robert Downey, Jr. had an awesome role in that kickass movie Tropic Thunder. My condolences, peace yall."

Ya see, fuckin prick. Now I know West apologized on his blog almost immediately after but it still doesn't change the fact that he ruined that girl's moment and embarrassed Beyonce. And don't lie Kanye, you really were just sucking up to Beyonce's fine ass. Pretty pitiful.

This has been a recent update of douchebaggery from Your Modest Guru. Thanks for reading.

No comments: