Wednesday, February 17, 2010

My Namesake

"Names are easier classifications than bar codes." - Unknown

Tonight we shall talk about the one thing I know has kept you folks wondering. What the hell's the story behind the name Your Modest Guru? It does have a nice ring to it doesn't it?...Doesn't it? Oh well, I liked it. I came up with the name the day I decided to start my blog. I went through several ideas. Looking back, this blog probably would have sounded more appealing if I had named it The Church of Me or something like that. Some people hear "Your Modest Guru" and think "oooookay than, somethin' wrong with that boy." If so, then burn...just kidding.

Even though it was just a name I thought up with on a dime, but really it does make sense. The "your" means this isn't just for me and I'm here to give you some insight into whatever the hell it is I think. "Modest" because I'd like to think I am fair and at least somewhat humble in my opinions, though not always. I am also modest in the sense that I am pretty much a small time blogger; you really don't see me up there with Perez Hilton (not that I want to be up there with that douche). And "guru". A guru is by definition an advisor, mentor, leader (spiritual or otherwise), or expert in a particular field. I leave my community of readers to decide which one I am exactly. I'd like to think that I am only providing open mindedness in my blog, another opinion to consider. But honestly, looking back, I think the name doesn't fit well with my very cynical and sarcastic personality. In fact, I probably should have been called "The Solitary Cynic". But the name has sunk in and I am attached to it. And its what you people know me or my blog as. And so I will keep pressing on with my name intact and my thoughts ever present.

This has been a look inside the head of Your Modest Guru. Thanks for reading.

No comments: