Tuesday, August 4, 2009

America: love it or hate it

"I made a mistake in selecting America as a land of freedom, a mistake I cannot repair in the balance of my lifetime." - Albert Einstien

Let's face it, America is in bad shape right now. We elected a well known screw up to the presidency after he stole the first election. The media has become obsessed with tackling anything but important issues. We have been led into war against a less than framed country. Prejudice, violence, and ignorance reigns among the masses of our people. Hope is a thing of the past for any true realist. Canada's looking pretty good right now.

We live in a time when the major political parties we are supposed to rely on are vastly flawed. The Democrats complain again and again without acting and make promises they don't have the heart to keep. The Republicans, a once great party, are fierce bullies out to ensure the future of their people and not The People. You see every day, Republicans beating down and raping the Democrats with methodical strength and tactics combined with deranged or stupid ideas that overthrow the more moralistic ideas. The funny thing is people actually believe the things that are being said and done. They are blind to logic. The ones who speak the truth are either viciously silenced or suffer a loss of spine. The government has never been a pure picture of upstandingness so I've always looked for the people to rely on. But now I can't even do that. Many of us are just acting senseless and crazy. We've become the bad radicals we bitch about every day. In a world where rationality is shelved in favor of pointless competition, I look at the future with uncertain eyes. Every day I find myself thinking changing my mind as to whether it will be better or worse.

I'm fifteen years old. I was dragged into this world of cutthroat politics and danger a little after the September 11th attacks. Many people probably were. When I first saw the news footage I was certain it had to have been an accident. I was only eight. I had no idea people were as evil as that. My world was different after that. I don't what kind of environment I will live in when I'm on my own. I don't know what war will be fought. I don't know what will be good or bad. All I know is that in the now things are looking chaotic.

In history class we are told the miraculous story of how our founding fathers stood up against their nation and fought to claim this country as a free land with fair liberties. These Sons of Liberty are what would today be called terrorists, evil evil terrorists. We are in essence a company founded on treason and terrorism. But so far, 300 years later, we have not succeeded in what they set out to do. We have fallen far to the brink.

I once had an idea, a very anarchistic idea. I believed that this country was getting so bad that the only way to make it better would be to destroy it. America must implode. There would be an unknown amount of time of mass disorder and chaos. No leaders and no law. Finally it would burn itself to the ground. And out of the ashes the little people who are left will rise up and put it back together so we could start over. Maybe all we need now is a second chance to get it right. One that wouldn't be squandered. It was just a thought.

Life has got to get better sometime. Right?

This has been a brief spew of thoughts from Your Modest Guru. Thanks for reading.

No comments: